COVID-19 has brought upon challenging times and numerous changes. While the unprecedented times have interrupted plans for growth and development, our team and our Partners have taken steps to ensure the health, safety and mental well-being of our people and their families.
Outlined below are some of the steps that we’ve taken to ensure that our team had our complete support, was working effectively and efficiently through the pandemic.
- Our flexible working environment and the necessary technology provided a seamless transition for our people to work from home.
- We started daily morning “huddles” – a time where we can “chit-chat” and virtually mingle so that we feel that we are a part of a social environment.
- The “huddles” addressed any issues that our team was having and provided the ongoing support, updates on the various changes and support the Government was introducing.
- Our face-to-face meetings with our clients were eliminated and tools like Zoom and Microsoft Teams were adopted to ensure reliable, consistent communication.
- We provided online portals and adequate IT support for easy transfer of paperwork.
- We encouraged a “family-first” environment to ensure that it gave parent’s time to find and settle into their new routine; A routine where children were constant part of their day, where parents had to wear various professional hats – bookkeepers, accountants, partners, business owners, teachers, friends, and most importantly family players.
- Our staff, most of whom are parents, were given the autonomy on the hours they could work, whereby they started their day with us in the huddle, take a break to attend to family commitments and work in the evenings
- We continued to support our people’s health, mental health and well-being through our benefits program.
- Our HR team was in constant touch with our people to see if there was anything additional, they needed to ensure their mental health was taken care of and they had the true support needed to cope with changing times.
- Although times have changed but our core values remain the same whereby, we still are the connectors for our clients, we still respond to our clients with 24 hours of them reaching out to us.
We are all in this together. As we continue to embrace the new norm we will be developing and changing as needed